Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Padawan Memories: Fortune Cookie Day

I haven't had a fortune cookie in a long time...the last time was back when I was a Padawan, on Fortune Cookie Day. That was back when Master Yoda decided to write fortunes and put them inside the cookies. He couldn't get any of the local restaurants to give them out, so he established a Fortune Cookie Day in the Jedi Temple.

Once a month, he'd leave a fortune cookie at each of our doors. They'd say things like, "Fear leads to the dark side", "Get new socks, you will", and "Slaughter many sand people, you should not." Useful stuff.

Mine, however, was sort of...different. When I cracked open that fortune cookie, the slip of paper inside was as follows:






A visit from a wookie? I doubted that would happen, considering that there were few wookies in the Coruscant area.

But the very next morning, as I was shopping for groceries with a few of our attack clones, I saw a wookie.














I stand corrected.

Shortly after that, I began to see wookies everywhere.


On a theatrical poster..


















It was a very good production,actually..

On a visit to a country called "USA" on the planet Earth to negotiate with their King...













I had no idea wookies were politicians.

While I was there, I had to use their currency..










I never saw any Twi'leks on their money.

On a board game...
















He ended up being guilty, too.


At Obi-Wan's grandfather's trailer park...












I see the family resemblance.


A historic painting...



















The Chewna Lisa

A wise old friend of Master Yoda's...


















Yoda had been trying to break him of the death sticks habit.

And finally...



















Caught them in a closet in the temple. Shame. I think the woman was a senator...

Strangely enough, Master Yoda discontinued Fortune Cookie Day after that. I guess he ran out of ideas...

9 Comments:

Blogger owenlars said...

You're kind of hot, for a blue chick.

2:57 PM  
Blogger flu said...

A fortune cookie wookiee?

...sounds more like a curse cookie to me.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Anakin Skywalker said...

I did it all for the wookie.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Were the cookies kind of...... chewie?

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow chewie kisses...

10:49 PM  
Blogger jedisiri said...

mine is 'there will be a visit from a strange master'and three mins later i found a drunk obi at my door.fortune cookie is not fortune.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accessing the blogger within
What do you get when you cross a Web with a log? Answer: blog, aka a global phenomenon.


Hello.

Interesting blog of yours. I'm going to check back often!
I have a insurance claim settlement vehicle related page
which pretty much covers insurance claim settlement vehicle related stuff.

Visit if you get some time.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Leia said...

It's a stalker!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

what a kiss!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home